The Energiesprong network in The Netherlands is called ‘Stroomversnelling’ and originated from the earlier government funded Dutch innovation programme called Energiesprong, which aimed to create Net Zero Energy buildings on a large scale in the Netherlands. In 2013, Energiesprong brokered the “Stroomversnelling” deal between Dutch building contractors and housing associations to refurbish 111,000 homes to NZE. Two years later, Stroomversnelling became a market initiative designed to take NZE to the next level.
The Stroomversnelling network consists of contractors, component suppliers, housing providers, local governments, financiers, DSOs and other parties. Its objectives are to reduce the renovation costs of NZE refurbishments, increase occupants’ acceptance of these renovations and increase the momentum and pace of growth in the NZE housing market itself.
Net Zero Energy in Oud Vossemeer. By Volker Wessels/Stadlander
The Stroomversnelling network focusses on:
- Supporting housing associations and solution providers to deliver successful NZE projects. This is achieved by matching housing associations to suppliers and helping them in a number of areas – such as the development of a tenant engagement strategy, the selection of the right housing stock and in encouraging the ‘champions’ in an organisation to get the rest of the organisation on board;
- Creating an innovation route that facilitates delivering both better products and lower renovation costs;
- Establishing the right market conditions for NZE refurbishments by developing regulatory guidelines for these refurbishments together with national and local government. This includes advising housing associations and solution providers on local laws and regulations;
- Sharing knowledge and experience and facilitating networking between all partners and
- Developing tools that help housing associations and solution providers to realise NZE projects.
Stroomversnelling’s activities are funded by:
- The membership fees of our partners: governments, housing associations, solution providers and other companies.
- The Dutch Government (Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations)
- European Climate Foundation
- Innovation programme Horizon2020 / Transition Zero
- Interreg North-West Europe / E=0
Mariska van Oudheusden email@example.com
For further inspiration visit stroomversnelling.nl (Dutch). Here you will find all the Net Zero Energy projects that have already been built as well as new developments. News and projects that are interesting for all participating countries will be shared in English at Energiesprong.eu.
Watch the movie below to see how a Net Zero Energy make over is done in just one day by solution provider VolkerWessels.