Desirable, comfortable and affordable homes for everyone, for life. We are an independent market development team setting a new standard for comfortable, super energy efficient refurbishments (and new built solutions) with guaranteed performance. We also introduce a new financing approach and we work with governments to improve regulations for these solutions. This, to ensure people can get a home that not only fits our time, but is ready for our future.
Energiesprong is a revolutionary, whole house refurbishment and new built standard and funding approach. It originated in the Netherlands as a government-funded innovation programme and has set a new standard in this market. The mission of Energiesprong International is to scale this approach to other markets.
Energiesprong uses the social housing sector in each market as the launching market for these solutions, with a view to later scale to the private home-owner market. The independent Energiesprong market development teams aggregate mass demand for high quality retrofits (and new built houses) in a market and creates the right financing and regulatory conditions in parallel. With this in place, solution providers can go into a quick and transformative innovation process to deliver against this new standard.
Annualy, a Net Zero Energy house generates sufficient energy to heat the house, provide hot water and power its household appliances. A refurbishment comes with a 30-year performance warranty on both the indoor climate and the energy performance. Money normally spent on energy bills and maintenance work pays for the upgrade. This way, residents get a refreshed, warm and comfortable home at the same (or lower) cost of living.
Currently, Energiesprong teams are active in France, the UK, Germany and New York State. The independent Energiesprong team (Energiesprong Foundation) drives and coordinates the expansion and works with national delivery teams in each market.
Energiesprong attracted two European funding lines contributing to executing this international expansion: A Horizon 2020 project (3.6 mln) and an Interreg North-West Europe project (5.4mln).
About Transition Zero (supported by H2020)
Under the name Transition Zero, Energiesprong executes an EU Horizon 2020-funded project to set the right market conditions in the UK, France and Netherlands for the wide-scale introduction of Net Zero Energy homes in the social housing sector. The Transition Zero project focusses on:
- Developing the business model
- Studying and improving regulation
- Developing the performance guarantee model
- Optimising financing solutions
- Studying public procurement options
- Assisting social housing associations and refurbishment solution providers in innovating and developing offers.
- Creating a conditional deal for 5000 houses in the UK and France
- Adding 10.000 Energiesprong contracts in the Dutch market
- Communication on the Energiesprong approach to a wider public.
Go to website
About E=0 (supported by Interreg NW-Europe)
The Interreg E=0 project supports the development of an initial set of demonstrators in the UK, France, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. This support consists of co-funding the first Energiesprong make-overs, expanding the movement in general and supporting the development of better solutions over time. E=0 focuses on:
- Developing and implementing retrofits for first 30 demonstrators (UK, FR, LUX)
- Analysing performance of first demonstrators (UK, FR, LUX)
- Developing an industrial incubator for innovating on the technical retrofit solutions
- Sharing knowledge between partners and focus on expansion into Germany
Go to website